Jessica was a not-so-scary ghost this year for Halloween!
Last weekend we went to "Curtis Orchard" on the outskirts of town and picked out a pumpkin at their pumpkin patch. Instead of getting a nice plump, orange pumpkin, we picked out an oblong tan pumpkin (a variety that is supposed to be good for pumpkin pies!)
For family night we carved our pumpkin-but instead of leaving it out to rot we stored in it the refrigerator.
Tuesday I baked it and pureed it (pumpkin everywhere!)
We ate it like squash and made pumpkin pie, pumpkin waffles and pumpkin-carrot muffins....plus there's more in the freezer for later!!!!! And it has been delicious.
4 comments:
K.K. you are so cute and creative, I just let my pumpkins rot and then throw them away. Yea for Jess her first tooth, Haylee is on #5 already. Teething is not very fun. She is a very cute ghost.
Looks like fun! What about pumkin pie? I love the picture of Jessie by the pumkin with a big grin on her face.
Very Cute!!!
We sort of skipped the whole pumpkin thing this year! We did have Joshua's spook alley for TanaLyn's birthday so that was new.
Very ambitious of you. I might have to try that, it never occured to me to recycle the pumpkin!
Post a Comment