Jack Family

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Joseph Smith Birthplace

We went to Sharon, Vermont last weekend and saw the birthplace of and memorial to Joseph Smith. There was a very special feeling there. I really liked what the missionary who was showing us the visitors center said--that the monument doesn't just represent the testimony of those who built it, but the testimonies of millions that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God!



I was hoping to get better pictures of the hot air balloons we saw on the freeway, but this was all I could get. There was a hot air balloon festival near Quechee Gorge.



Here's Quechee Gorge. The picture doesn't do it justice, but we got pretty dizzy looking down at it from the bridge!



Once again we found covered bridges to look at (there are over 100 in Vermont.)







2 comments:

Crystal and Mike said...

How beautiful! I can imagine how cool the hot air balloons would have been even if the picture is mostly windshield :)

Ivy said...

You've been doing a lot of sightseeing, it looks like! Your girls must be troopers. Miss you!