Jack Family

Monday, March 19, 2012

Dr. Jack....almost

Nate defended his dissertation last Friday!! I got to go see him, which was pretty exciting! He got up in front of his committee (four professors who decide if he is eligible for a Ph.D.), students in his research group, and me, and talked for about 1 1/2 hours about his dissertation. I, of course, didn't understand much of it, but he did a really good job. One professor, especially asked him a lot of questions and he answered them all very well. Besides his own adviser, none of the professors had any changes for him to make--pretty amazing.

What an accomplishment to put together 5 years worth of work in a 130+ page dissertation and he's almost done...

Way to go Nate!! I'm so proud of you!

4 comments:

Brittney Richards said...

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! Great Job Nate, and to do it without any additional edits - now that is impressive.

Rick and Camille said...

Wow that is so wonderful!! Way to go Nate!

PC said...

Sweet!

Crystal and Mike said...

Congratulations Dr. almost Jack!