Jack Family

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Mischeivious Baby!


Cute picture, huh? It has nothing to do with my story...

I put Jessica down for her nap as usual after lunch and after going in to change her diaper once I thought she would really be ready to sleep! Meanwhile, I was reading. Sometimes Jessica would be babbling away and sometimes she would be quiet for so long I thought she was asleep. She was pretty happy, but she had been in there an hour, so I thought maybe I would take her on a walk to see if that would help.
I went into her room and pulled her out of her crib, and started to get things we would need to take (binkie/blankie) when I noticed a wrapper in her crib. ("I wonder how she got this?") It was a dumdum wrapper-banana flavor! I figured she must have grabbed the wrapper out of the garbage and taken it to bed without my noticing...but then what were the little bits of paper doing around her mouth, and how come her eyebrow was all sticky? After some further investigation, I found two halves of a dumdum stick lying on the floor by her crib. I also found on our walk (in the light of the sun) that her face-and ear were stickier than I thought.
I think I would have noticed if I put her in bed with a sucker, so I think she must have put it in her crib earlier. The question is, can a 14 month old think, "hey I will just put this in my crib and then later, when mom isn't watching I will unwrap it and eat it?" If so-who gave her a taste of a dumdum that would make her want to do that?

3 comments:

Jenn H. said...

That is funny!! It is amazing what kids come up with! What a cute girl. She has good taste though, I love banana dum dums!

Rhett & Janice Beecher said...

Just watchout the older they get the more mischeivious they are Ruston has decided it was easier to hide his wrappers and toys rather then clean them up the right way. What a pain! I am alway finding items or trash out of place because of this little trick.

Lori said...

SO Cute! what a sneeky little one:)