Jack Family

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Hair!!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I do try to do Jessica's hair-although you've never seen it done. She won't have anything to do with it. Occasionally she will ask me to braid her hair, but she usually loses interest after the first braid and pulls it out while I'm trying to do the second. The best luck I have had is when I do her hair while she is watching a show. One time we even made it through the show and to the grocery store-we lost her hair ties somewhere in the grocery store. Sometimes I want to cry when I get done and she looks so cute, but alas she pulls it right back out!




If I try to put 1 or 2 bows in, she insists that I put all her bows in her hair, but that also lasts only a few seconds.



A picture of both of us in braids before........



I chopped my hair off!
I haven't had my hair short in a long time. Hopefully it will be fun and Emily won't get her little fingers wrapped in it as often! I donated 10 inches to Locks of Love, which I've wanted to do, so that was nice. I'm still trying to learn how to do it though.




In case any of you were wondering about the socks on Jessica's hands in a couple of the previous pictures. Ever since we checked out Fox in Socks by Dr. Seuss, Jessica has decided she is the fox in socks and goes around with socks on her hands and feet all day (except for meal times, and when I think it is worth insisting she take them off in public!-it wasn't worth it the other day at the grocery store and hey I guess it kept her hands free of germs...) She sure has a style of her own.
I love being a mom!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Mindy said...

You are so brave to cut that much hair! Jessica should come to our house. We always put socks on our hands to dust, she'd fit right in.

Rick and Camille said...

Your family is so cute! I love reading about what's going on with all of you! Hey KayLyn I think our hair is now the same length! I also cut my hair this week :)

THE RHOADES said...

Your little family is so cute! I LOVE your hair. Looks fantastic!

Brittney Richards said...

WOW!! Kaylyn, you look so different, but I like it.
At least you know that Jessica isn't going to obsess over her appearance.

Lori said...

Wow K.K. You are so cute I like your hair cut and Jess's hair is so cute too. Miss you guys

The Jacks said...

I donated my hair in highschool, all you have to do is contact them via phone or internet, and they will give you an address to send it to. They have certain requirements such as length and whether it has any coloring in it, I think 10 in. was the minimum they could take for a wig. locksoflove.org
such a great thing!